Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Uh oh, Oh!


I built a PC
Back in 1995

It was a Pentium
Felt like it was alive

With all the promise
Of what was windows 95

***

The days of dialup
They patiently expired

We ordered cable
And with Cat5 we rewired

We finally had all of the
Bandwidth we desired

Oh
Oh OH!

Then came the DOTCOMS!

Oh
Oh OH!

Blogs and web cams!

Internet killed the video star
Internet killed the video star

On my phone
And on my screen

Just log on
See what I mean

It’s all just one
Fantastic scene

****
****

Then came a shockwave
Of streaming video

Full episodes
Of the Daily Stewart Show

It’s where most Americans
Get their news you know

***

Now when I visit
My old friends and family

They have to brush off
The dust from their TV

They never watch it
Anymore you see

Oh
Oh OH!

World of Warcraft

Oh
Oh OH!

We’re File sharing!

Internet killed the video star
Internet killed the video star

On my phone
And on my screen

Just log on
See what I mean

It’s all just one
Fantastic scene

Internet killed the video star
Internet killed the video star

Internet killed the video star
Internet killed the video star

Internet killed the video star
Internet killed the video star

5 comments:

Erin Davis said...

Love it!

Ribbon said...

That song is going to be stuck in my head all day :-)...
I can hear the music... you know what I mean

best wishes
very clever
Ribbon

Citizen of Earth said...

Thanks for the comments
Hadn't realized anyone even noticed this...

He He - yes that song can be annoying...
Oddly enough, that music being stuck in my head, is what precipitated this post

Welcome both of you, to my "OTHER" side.

I am not always in the "proper" mood to post on Zenspace...

Mariana Soffer said...

And it killed many other things.
And it created many new ways for things.
And who knows what will happen with them.
And who knows what will they be used for.
And who knows where we'll go to.
And who knows how we'll end.

Mariana Soffer said...

I liked that phrase a lot: "internet killed the video star", it is excelent! Great poem by the way I happen to love the history of technology of inventions, it is interesting to see which things succeded and which ones failed, because their are weird cases. Also the history of infrastructures is great, railway, telephone, telegraph, ... There is a great book about that called IT doesn't matter if you wanna grab it.