Saturday, November 29, 2008

Greed Is Good?

The headline in the New York Times says it all

Wal-Mart Employee Trampled to Death

What a shameful day for this country
And its deluded people…

We are now all diminished in the eyes of morality
So eager for bargains as to be willing to kill for them

On crappy merchandise no one needs
I like a good deal as much as anyone, but I’m not about to stand outside a Wal-Mart all night
And I’m not about to take part in a mob mentality just to save a few hundred dollars

Look close America
Don’t you DARE look away
This is blood on your hands
And feet

Shame on you all
Especially you Wal-Mart
For planting the seeds of GREED
That has now grown to MURDER
By a MOB of mentally ill bargain hunters

Yes I said mentally Ill
Greed is a sickness
It breeds jealousy, hate
And Malcontent
Americans are infected with it

And I fear it may be terminal

1 comment:

Lynn said...

how did i miss this post?
I came looking for you today
wanting to wish you happy holidays and a happy and sane new year.

yes the walmart death was awful
unnecessary

I taught my grandchildren a wonderful lesson about greed and giving which I posted when they came to us for Chaunkah. They got it too!!!! and only 4 yrs old.

I hope you are okay...
be well and know i am thinking of you!!!!! ;-)